Location: Yuma, AZ
Department: Information Technologies
Reports To: Global IT Manager
Assignment Type: full-time
With varying levels of direction and supervision, the Systems Analyst provides support and coordination of application development and maintenance involving a wide range of business areas and technical platforms. Performs systems analyst activities and makes recommendations in areas that require sound technical competencies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead requirements gathering, analysis and design activities
- Evaluate business requirements and prepare detailed functional and technical specifications
- Communicate design to all stakeholders and varying levels of the organization
- Present and evaluate design solutions.
- Develop strategies to improve application development life cycle and governance processes
- Evaluates business requirements and prepares detailed specifications that follow project guidelines required to develop written programs
- Formulates, defines and documents the functional system specifications
- Devises or modifies procedures that solve complex business problems with due consideration for hardware/software capacity and limitations.
- Follow generally accepted/established application development methodologies
Required education, knowledge, skills and abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related discipline.
- 4+ years of progressively responsible experience in application development
- 4+ years experience with programming languages; C#/VB/SQL/XML
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of application systems, development and integration
- T-SQL, SQL Server 2008/2012, data structures and data management skills
- Demostrated ability to communicate with internal & external customers to best understand the business needs driving software development
- Strong skills describing technical solutions to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Demostrated ability to translate business needs and requirements into workable software applications
- Knowledge of SharePoint configuration and development.
**Must be legally authorized to work in United States**
Human Resources Department
370 S. Main St.
Yuma, AZ 85364
It has come to our attention that unauthorized third parties are making fraudulent job offers using our name. While we use various methods to communicate with prospective employees, we do not interview candidates online or via text messages, nor do we ever request payment of any kind or personal bank information as a condition of employment. We never make job offers online. If you have been contacted online or through a text message by anyone representing themselves as being from Gowan Company and are concerned about their legitimacy, please be aware that the offers are not valid and open positions that are available will be found on the Gowan careers webpage.