Southeast Field Development Representative
Department: Gowan USA
Reports To: Southern Region Sales Manager
Assignment Type: full-time
Geographic Area: Alabama, Georgia, Florida, North and South Carolina, Puerto Rico
Location: Florida (preferable)
Responsibilities: The Product Development position has a dual role of field science and technical support responsibility. The Development Representative will conduct and/ or coordinate field research with Gowan products and provide technical support to sales representatives, customers and key Centers of Influence (COI’s) in the assigned territory.
Minimum Qualifications: Advanced degree in Plant Science, Weed Science, Entomology, Plant Pathology or Agronomy with 3-5 years field experience in development of plant protection products.
- An advanced degree in science and will have 3-5 years of field experience in evaluation of compounds and cropping systems in the southeastern US geography
- Extensive experience with citrus, corn, cotton, peaches, peanuts, pecans, soybeans, sugarcane, vegetables, etc.is preferred
- A thorough understanding of the US crop protection industry
- Experience in planning, designing, implementing and evaluating trials related to plant protection compounds using standard field research techniques
- Exhibit strong inter-personal skills and be equally skilled at communicating with fellow researchers at the university or private level as well as marketing and sales people and customers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with experience in translating detailed scientific information into practical decision-ready information for non-technical clients
- Self-starter able to take initiative and conduct themselves in a professional manner with little direct supervision
- Strong team player that thrives in the role of being the lead technical expert supporting the sales team in their assigned region
Examples of Specific Duties:
Development duties will include the following:
- Serve as a liaison between sales and marketing to identify product development opportunities for Gowan products
- Design, plan and implement replicated trials with insecticides, herbicides, fungicides, miticides, biologicals, and plant growth regulators
- Conduct trials personally and/or place them with university or private researchers.
- Collect trial data and complete research reports
- Make presentations on Gowan products at scientific meetings
- Assist in obtaining Experimental Use Permits, special use registrations and tracking regulatory information as required by regulatory authorities
Technical Support duties will include:
- Be the technical resource for the assigned territory
- Develop training materials on Gowan products and provide technical product training to Sales Representatives in the assigned territory on an as-needed basis
- Conduct demonstration trials for sales representatives and customers
- Assist in the assessment of product complaints
- Assist Sales in developing presentations, sell sheets, technical bulletins etc. for sales tools
- Assist Sales with presenting product technical features at customer meetings
Must be legally authorized to work in United States.