Senior Formulation Scientist
Location: Yuma, AZ
Reports To: Head of Chemistry
Assignment Type: full-time
- Highly experienced in developing Crop Protection formulations
- Provides technical leadership for lab processes and projects
- Mentor Formulation Scientists
- Conduct studies to develop experimental formulations of pesticides, including EC, WP, WDG, SC, OD, ME, CS types
- Use knowledge of physical and chemical test methods to identify lead formulas
- Evaluate results and suggest direction for further development and improvements
- Record concepts, formulations, test results, etc., in lab notebooks.
- Support establishment of trade secrets, patents, etc., involving formulations
- Ensure that Product Specifications are compatible with Regulatory requirements
- Conduct Pilot Plant process studies on lead formulations
- Conduct preparation of formulations for field and regulatory studies
- Support management of chemical inventory and chemical waste
- Identify lab equipment to facilitate lab safety and project efficiency
- Partner with internal functions (Marketing, Quality, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Legal) to resolve issues, identify project success criteria and timelines, and achieve valuable technology and products.
- Represent Gowan to external suppliers of ingredients, toll manufacturers of agricultural active ingredients and formulations, and contract laboratories
- Travel (up to 30% of time): conferences, field tests, manufacturing trials, training
- Minimum of Master’s Degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
- Focus in Organic Chemistry
- Minimum 10 years of hands-on experience in an industrial chemical laboratory to develop and commercialize formulations, preferably pesticide formulations
- Familiar with safe handling of chemicals and laboratory equipment
- Travel (up to 30% of time) is required
- Ability to perform moderate physical work
It has come to our attention that unauthorized third parties are making fraudulent job offers using our name. While we use various methods to communicate with prospective employees, we do not interview candidates online or via text messages, nor do we ever request payment of any kind or personal bank information as a condition of employment. We never make job offers online. If you have been contacted online or through a text message by anyone representing themselves as being from Gowan Company and are concerned about their legitimacy, please be aware that the offers are not valid and open positions that are available will be found on the Gowan careers webpage.
Send Resumes to:
Human Resources Department
370 S. Main St.
Yuma, AZ 85364