Senior Accountant-Bard Date
Location: Yuma, AZ
Reports To: North American Controller
Assignment Type: full-time
Responsible to oversee accounting for all general ledger activity of Bard Date and the other operational date related companies according to accounting principles, first-level accounting responsibility for the most complex entities within the Gowan Group.
Reports organization's finances to management, analyzes trends, and offers suggestions about resource utilization, strategies, and assumptions underlying budget.
Duties and responsibilities
- Prepare journal entries and departmental allocations; post to QuickBooks system.
- Perform daily banking, accounts payable, and accounts receivable transactions, as assigned.
- Detect and resolve issues with AP, AR, Inventory, etc.
- Supervise AP/AR Specialist.
- Conduct month-end closing process.
- Ensure accurate financial disclosure and reporting to management and external users.
- Provide accurate and timely financial statement reporting and expense analysis to managers and other end users.
- Perform account reconciliations to maintain integrity of general ledger.
- Provide financial information and schedules to external auditors during annual financial audit.
- Prepare tax-basis financial reports and schedules for Tax Manager.
- Perform and review manufacturing & variance accounting.
- Assist in annual budget process for assigned companies as needed and according to schedule.
- Provide support (and often leadership) in various ad-hoc projects and financial analysis.
- Provide technical support and advice on Management accountant.
- Review and recommend improvements to accounting systems and procedures.
- Participate in any duty related with the Finance department required by the company.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Master’s degree (Accountancy or MBA) and/or CPA preferred
- Proven experience in accounting principles and practices.
- In-depth knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Experienced with Microsoft Office programs, especially Microsoft Excel.
- Familiar with electronic accounting systems, preferably QuickBooks, JD Edwards Enterprise One.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Problem-solving, conflict management and decision-making skills.
- Self-motivated, flexible, team player
- Tenacity and willingness to investigate and resolve discrepancies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills English/Spanish
- Work in office environment at a desk for extended periods of time using computer
- Light filing and minimal travel.
- Occasional light lift objects may be required.
- Occasional overtime may be required.
**Must be legally authorized to work in United States**
Fraud Alert: It has come to our attention that unauthorized third parties are making fraudulent job offers using our name. While we use various methods to communicate with prospective employees, we do not interview candidates online or via text messages, nor do we ever request payment of any kind or personal bank information as a condition of employment. We never make job offers online. If you have been contacted online or through a text message by anyone representing themselves as being from Gowan Company and are concerned about their legitimacy, please be aware that the offers are not valid and open positions that are available will be found on the Gowan careers webpage.