Job Description: The Regulatory Scientist is responsible for the overall regulatory management and strategy for the active ingredients. Will be responsible for overseeing the scientific studies that are needed for the global registration of Gowan’s agrochemicals. A thorough understanding of regulatory agencies’ scientific data requirement is essential.
- Responsible for timely compilation and management of all necessary studies and scientific documentation for regulatory submissions to support the license to sell as well as post-approval defense or supplements.
- Ensure studies are of high quality; that content and format comply with applicable regulations and guidelines.
- Coordinate and track regulatory projects related to the assigned projects.
- Interact with Development, Marketing, Chemistry and Sales departments to assure the relevant product and regulatory expectations are met.
- Participate in cross-functional project teams and work effectively with multiple disciplines and personalities.
- Lead communications with EPA and regulatory agencies to facilitate review and approval of submissions.
- Interact with consultants and experts in the field.
- Participate in industry groups and committees.
- Develop and track budgets on studies related to assigned actives.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism, efficiency, and follow-through as the primary technical regulatory liaison for the assigned project.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Knowledge of regulations related to pesticide registration.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and timelines and keep other groups informed on the progress.
- Keen sense of urgency and ability to complete projects under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and provide proactive leadership.
- Problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to effectively manage unplanned events that might affect ongoing studies, submission timelines and budget.
- Ability to see the big picture (both scientific and regulatory) that can affect the marketing and sales of Gowan’s products.
- Bachelors, Masters, or Doctorate degree in Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry, Toxicology or related science field.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience, preferably working in the science arena of Crop Protection industry (alternatively in cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, cleaners or food industries).
- Demonstrated ability to successfully write and orally communicate technical issues.
- Excellent project management and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to influence others.
*Must be legally authorized to work in United States*
Lourdes Gonzalez, Director of Human Resources
370 S. Main St.
Yuma, AZ 85364