Pre Commercial Development Project Assistant
Location: Yuma, AZ
Department: Pre Commercial Development
Reports To: Manager, Pre Commercial Development
Assignment Type: full-time
The Pre-Commercial Development Project Assistant (PA) is responsible for supporting the development process for active ingredients and end use products in the Global Pre-Commercial Development Program. Duties include: protocol development, research samples coordination, scientific and marketing data searches and data management.
Specifically, the PA will be responsible for coordinating objectives of project with PCD Manager and Field Development Representatives (FDRs) and creating draft protocols. The PA will perform scientific literature and marketing data searches, assemble information and prepare reports as required. The PA will also coordinate with FDRs as to needed research samples and communicate needs to PCD manager, formulations group and to samples coordinator. The PA will organize data reports, check for completeness, enter data into the database, analyze data using standard statistical tests, summarize data, create data summary reports and create data presentations for management review.
Additionally, the PA will be required to attend and participate in the annual development meeting and may be asked to organize and/or participate in research field tours. Travel 5-10%.
*Must be legally authorized to work in United States*
Minimum Education Requirement:
- B.S. degree in agronomy, plant pathology, entomology, biology, mathematics, statistics or related fields.
- At least 2 years of experience (or 1 year of experience and post graduate education) in data analysis, field research, project management or product development in the crop protection industry.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Access, Project and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of and experience in research design, statistical sampling methods and statistical analysis in biological systems.
- Working knowledge and experience with ARM and statistical software such as MiniTab, SAS, JMP, etc.
Human Resources Department
370 S. Main St.
Yuma, AZ 85364
Fraud Alert: It has come to our attention that unauthorized third parties are making fraudulent job offers using our name. While we use various methods to communicate with prospective employees, we do not interview candidates online or via text messages, nor do we ever request payment of any kind or personal bank information as a condition of employment. We never make job offers online. If you have been contacted online or through a text message by anyone representing themselves as being from Gowan Company and are concerned about their legitimacy, please be aware that the offers are not valid and open positions that are available will be found on the Gowan careers webpage.