Location: Ft. Saskatchewan, Alberta
Department: Gowan Agro Canada-Plant
Reports To: Plant Manager
Assignment Type: full-time
The Plant Engineer manages Plant Improvement Projects and leads the plant Process Safety Programs, and will support the Operations and Maintenance Department as a technical resource during process failures.
The Plant Engineer will work with plant staff to develop, lead and support improvement projects. He/She will be responsible for maintaining process safety team reporting to the Plant Manager. The largest immediate project will be developing cost estimates for design of a receiving station and processing equipment for a new chemical.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Familiar with ABSA Pressure Equipment Safety Legislation.
- Knowledgeable in Process Safety Evaluations including HAZOPS, Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA).
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills, specifically in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access. VBA Development is an asset.
- Experienced in drafting P&ID, PFD, and Plot Diagrams in AutoCAD or similar drafting software.
- Project Management Skills, Project Evaluation such as EBIT, ROI and (and handling multiple priorities is required).
- Familiar with preventative and corrective maintenance
- Strong understanding of Management of Change Process
- Evaluating introduction of new chemicals for reactivity concerns.
- BSc. In Engineering. P Eng preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a Plant Engineer position or similar role
Gowan Agro Canada
Attn: Human Resources
370 S. Main St.
Yuma, AZ 85364