Location: Harpenden, Hertfordshire,UK
Department: Gowan Crop Protection Limited
Reports To: Manufacturing
Assignment Type: full-time
The GCP Manufacturing Manager will be responsible for management and technical oversight of our third party toll manufacturing network in Europe. He/she will also oversee and manage a small team of operations-related professionals at the Harpenden, UK site, where the business office is located. As a key member of the international S&OP forum, delivery of supply against market demand and the ability to maintain focus on cost control, strategic direction, continuous improvement, and process simplification is paramount. The manager will be the point of contact for the established network of turnkey manufacturers, as well as a diverse group of internal stakeholders, including all organization levels up to, and including, the senior leadership team.
- Oversee and provide technical support to the production processes at all GCP contracted sites (10 sites / ~200 SKUs).
- Establish strategic direction, and lead supplier selection and change management processes to ensure fail safe, timely, and cost effective supply of the product portfolio.
- Recruit, train, develop, build, and manage an outstanding operations team with focus on succession planning and progression of internal talent.
- Take responsibility for the development and execution of the global supply strategy, as well as team and personnel management within the Harpenden office (5-7 direct reports)
- Negotiate contracts to maximize savings over multiple years of spending, including performance and delivery clauses and other relevant supply terms and conditions.
- Evaluate production history and network capabilities to promote enhancement of supply contracts, identifying areas of opportunity and potential improvement.
- Lead the budgeting process, justification, implementation, and monthly variance evaluation for Supply Chain activities under direct responsibility.
- Specific process focus areas will include Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP), Product Life Cycle Management (PLM), inventory management, MRP scheduling and cost reduction.
- Develop Crop Protection and Agrochemical industry contact networks.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent analytical and people skills, a team player that leads by example.
- Must be a strong change agent, problem solver, and possess business acumen.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Proven oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively across multicultural levels of the organization.
- Ability to manage simultaneous urgent tasks, and work in fast-paced, seasonal business.
- Undergraduate Degree in Biological Sciences, Engineering, or Supply Chain Operations. (a Graduate degree in a technical field, or MBA, is a plus).
- Experience with Oracle, SAP, or other similar ERP systems highly desirable.
- 5 or more years of contract manufacturing experience in the chemical industry, covering formulation and packaging operations in a regulated environment (industrial / pilot / laboratory scale with various technologies; eg. EC, SC, WP, WG).
- Previous experience in budgeting, financial review and costing preferred.
Gowan Company-Human Resources Dept.
370 S. Main St.
Yuma, AZ 85364 USA