Location: Gowan Milling
Reports To: QC Manager
Assignment Type: full-time
- Work as a team with other lab personnel on duty to make sure all necessary tasks are completed correctly and timely
- Perform analysis and physical tests on production in-process and finished pallet samples, cleanout samples, and check samples as required
- Make sure that samples are taken in the production units and that retains are prepared, according to customer requirements per the sample plan
- Release product having complete testing, correct retain samples, and meet customer specifications
- Follow company and customer procedures in disposing of laboratory waste
- Report status of each production unit in the shift log at the end of the shift
- Calibrate scales in use in the production units at least once per shift
- Perform instrument qualifications, clean-out, and special analysis as needed
- Perform water treatment plant duties as instructed
- Prepare reagent standards such as 342 water
- Lab equipment calibration as assigned
- Maintain sample retain lockers including organizations of samples and purging
- Perform laboratory housekeeping duties
- Monitor inventory of consumables and stock work areas
- Perform assigned tasks in a safe, responsible manner, comply with company and lab safety rules
- Perform other tasks as assigned
To perform this job satisfactory, the candidate must possess the following qualifications:
- Associates degree in chemistry or other technical field, or high school diploma and 2 years of work experience
Work Environment/Physical Requirements
- Regularly required to remain in stationary position for prolonged periods of time.
- Requires repetitive hand movements, standing, and walking in a lab setting.
- Requires frequent lifting and carrying items weighing up to 20 pounds unassisted.
- Occasionally required to descend/ascend stairs.
- Occasionally required to walk the plant area.
- May require bending, reaching, squatting, pulling, and pushing.
- Ability to work irregular hours, nights, weekends, and holidays.
Contact HR Department