International Procurement Label Specialist
Location: Yuma, AZ
Department: Procurement-Supply Chain
Reports To: Global Procurement Manager
Assignment Type: full-time
Support the entire Global label process with primary functions in and around procurement of labels and other related packaging raw materials. Provide artwork and/or finished labels to meet strict production deadlines and all technical material orders.
This position will work closely with NAFTA / Gowan Crop Protection Labeling Specialists, Supply Chain, Customer Service, production facilities, printers, commercial team, Gowan MSDS Coordinator, Regulatory Specialists and consultants.
- Procurement and inventory of Gowan’s Global label requirements.
- Work with label and packaging suppliers to ensure on-time delivery, optimal pricing and that products exceed quality expectations.
- Keep and maintain appropriate databases.
- Communicates directly with internal regulatory specialists, customers and commercial team to coordinate artwork requirements.
- Ensure all labels comply with corresponding regulatory agency requirements.
- Create new and/or modify existing artwork per regulatory and/or customer request.
- Works closely with production planners to ensure artwork is completed on-time and materials are ordered in advance of production to accommodate vendor lead times and transit times.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Previous procurement or planning work experience preferably working with packaging materials, production environment, ERP / MRP experience, working with tight deadlines managing multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Understanding of International labeling (CLP/GHS) and hazardous transportation regulations
- Experience in the ag-chem or other chemical industry helpful to understand critical nature of labeling accuracy and requirements.
- Bi-lingual a plus (any EU languages)
- Adobe Creative Suite programs - InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop
- En-Focus Pit Stop Pro - allows manipulation of .pdf files and diagnostics to optimize .pdfs for professional printing
- Familiarity with Windows applications and Outlook
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Willingness and desire to learn new systems, software and stay ahead of new and developing technologies.
- Team focused
- Able to handle stressful situations and look for creative solutions in difficult circumstances.
- Continuous Improvement mindset
- Excellent communication skills - interact constantly with different cultures, must be mindful and respectful of cultural diversity - clear and timely communication
- Attention to detail, effective planning of multiple tasks and priorities
- Able to work with little direct supervision
**Must be legally authorized to work in United States**
Gowan Company Human Resources
370 S. Main St.
Yuma, AZ 85364