Location: Yuma, AZ
Reports To: CFO
Assignment Type: full-time
Reporting to the CFO, the Group Controller will use proven technical and leadership skills in a fast-paced, collaborative environment by overseeing and directing the accounting operations of the Gowan group. They will act as a thought leader on a range of technical accounting issues and lead the growth of the department into new jurisdictions. The position will be based Yuma, Arizona.
- Manage, coach, mentor and develop divisional controllers and accounting team members and lead continuous process improvement initiatives
- Manage monthly and annual accounting close and financial consolidation on a global level
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of the company’s accounting policies and provide worldwide accounting policy guidance
- Ensure international operations are compliant with internal policies, GAAP, IFRS and applicable local statutory requirements
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance and provide technical support and coaching to global financial personnel. Monitor and implement compliance with FASB/IASB proposed and new standards
- Partner with corporate tax department and local accounting teams to efficiently execute transfer pricing policies while ensuring results are in compliance with both domestic and local regulations
- Provide direction on global risk management and compliance, including insurance coverage, claims and general and professional liability
- Provide support for mergers & acquisitions, strategic investments and capital expenditures – most importantly post-acquisition integration and acquisition accounting treatment
- Assist with special projects as needed
- Must have Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field and CPA.
- Master’s Degree in Accounting or MBA with concentration in Accounting preferred.
- Extensive accounting experience in a multi-site, manufacturing, global setting.
- 10 + years in a supervisory/management role in Accounting or related field. Experience in managing employees in multiple locations a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proficient in international financial reporting. Public accounting experience preferred.
- Highly knowledgeable in US GAAP and IFRS, and managing controls in an international reporting environment
- Self-directed, positive and ethical role model with professional credibility
- Highly accountable and able to thrive under pressure and little direction
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
*Must be legally authorized to work in United States*
Send resumes to:
Attn: Human Resources Dept.
370 S. Main St.
Yuma, AZ 85364