Global Procurement Manager
Location: Yuma, AZ
Department: Supply Chain
Reports To: Head of Global Operations
Assignment Type: full-time
The Global Procurement Manager will be responsible for managing and directing the Global Purchasing team, and participate as a member of cross-functional teams focused on manufacturing system improvement and business process simplification. The individual will be responsible for the Global Procurement process and strategy for all production related materials – active ingredients, inert raw materials, packaging, and third party finished goods. This manager also serves as the key contact for all suppliers, leading strategic negotiations and contract management. The procurement function is responsible for insuring continuous improvement in cost, service, and quality by working closely with key suppliers and across all related internal functional areas.
- Oversee the procurement process and manage purchasing activities for materials delivered to all global productions sites.
- Develop Supply Chain knowledge of suppliers’ materials and markets to leverage negotiations and to present new opportunities to the organization.
- Improve the interface between IT systems, and the buying and material flow processes.
- Direct procurement staff by providing the resources and training necessary to accomplish company and department goals.
- Challenge existing system processes through a continuous research of new technologies that can improve project margins, costs, quality and efficiency.
- Take responsibility for the development and execution of the global procurement strategy.
- Support Formulations group for new product development and ongoing projects as needed.
- Negotiate contracts to maximize savings over multiple years of spending, including performance and delivery clauses and all other significant terms and conditions.
- Develop and manage relationships with vendors to consistently deliver value and meet stakeholder requirements.
- Evaluate purchase history to promote ongoing supplier compliance with negotiated contracts (Prices, Delivery times) and to identify areas of opportunity.
- Develop Crop Protection and Agrochemical industry networks.
- Recruit, train, develop, build, and manage an outstanding purchasing team with focus on succession planning and progression.
- Improvement areas of focus will include purchasing processes, inventory controls, use of MRP, scheduling and cost reduction.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent analytical and people skills
- Must be a strong change agent, problem solver, and possess business acumen.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Proven oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively across multicultural levels of the organization
- Ability to manage simultaneous urgent tasks, and work in fast-paced, seasonal business
- Strong leadership skills, a team player that leads by example
- Previous experience in contracting and negotiating
- Experience in managing people
- Previous experience in budgeting, and costing preferred
- Able to travel overseas several times a year
- Undergraduate Degree in Business, Finance, Engineering, or Operations
- Graduate Degree preferred
- Experience with Oracle or other similar ERP systems is a plus
- Experience in crop protection products chemistry preferred
- APICS’s CPIM Certification preferred
- Certified in hazmat, and dangerous goods transportation rules preferred
**Must be legally authorized to work in United States**
It has come to our attention that unauthorized third parties are making fraudulent job offers using our name. While we use various methods to communicate with prospective employees, we do not interview candidates online or via text messages, nor do we ever request payment of any kind or personal bank information as a condition of employment. We never make job offers online. If you have been contacted online or through a text message by anyone representing themselves as being from Gowan Company and are concerned about their legitimacy, please be aware that the offers are not valid and open positions that are available will be found on the Gowan careers webpage.
Submit Resumes to :
Human Resources Department
370 S. Main St.
Yuma, AZ 85364