Global Import/Export Specialist
Location: Yuma, AZ
Reports To: Global Distribution Manager
Assignment Type: full-time
Function: Supervise and coordinate import / export shipments to ensure the processes and timelines are followed by working closely with partners at: industrial sites, supply chain logistics, export platforms, quality assurance and compliance groups as well as external customs house broker, ocean carriers and/ or freight forwarders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure appropriate importation /exportation documentation is created, reviewed and maintained consistent with record keeping policies as required by US Customs, related agencies and U.S. Import Laws
- Provide logistical road, ocean, and air transportation for purchasing group, globally.
- Work with related departments within company to ensure proper compliance, procedures, and documentation for shipments.
- Negotiate freight rates with transportation companies and brokers on order by order or with companies Gowan has contract with.
- Work with Custom Brokers and Forwarders to prepare shipment documents and follow through of shipment.
- Process transactions within company ERP system and maintain up to date.
- Update company SharePoint site to list status on open shipments.
- Work with Compliance officer to ensure proper guidelines for exporting and importing are met.
- Work with US Customs to ensure compliance of related shipments.
- Work with Foreign Trade zone guidelines and requirements.
- Work with EPA and specific Agricultural regulations to ensure compliance and proper handling of shipments.
- Review, understand and process ISF “Import Security Filings” to ensure proper importations to the USA.
- Follow and adhere to custom laws and regulations to ensure compliance by self and company when handling international trade and shipments.
- Monitor import /export cost processes, demurrage and carriers costs. Coordinate Customs payments as applicable.
- Provide duty classification information to personnel within the company.
- Participate in flow analysis reviews to optimize import transportation spend.
- Create appropriate reporting tools necessary for activities.
- Resolve any customs clearance and/or ISF (Import Security Form) issues in a timely manner by working with Company Compliance Officer.
- Importation of Supply Chain SAMPLES into the U.S.A.
- Administer requests, logistics, E1 system, SharePoint site and communicate with suppliers and internal personnel.
Required Skills, Experience:
- Ocean freight operational experience as well as performing RFQ/RFP and cost follow up
- 3-5 years in a regulated industry, experience in import operations.
- Experience with Harmonized Tariff System
- Previous import/export and transportation experience required in a regulated environment
- Experience in working with freight forwarders, customs brokers and transportation providers
- Excellent communications skills, interfaces with many internal departments and custom brokers.
- Knowledgeable in US Customs, Foreign Trade Zones, Ag regulations, EPA and Import Laws.
- Detail oriented and well organized. Computer skills: Microsoft Office, ERP system familiarity.
- DOT, IMDG and IATA certification
Bachelor's Degree in Business, Trade and/or Transportation from an accredited college or equivalent work experience; Chemical or Ag Chemical experience preferred.
Attn: Human Resources Dept.
370 S. Main St.
Yuma, AZ 85364