Location: Formulation Development Center
Reports to: Head of Chemistry
Our Research and Development group seeks a Formulations Chemist:
- Experienced hands-on in developing formulations
- Provides support and executes lab processes and projects
Essential Roles, Activities:
- Conduct studies to develop experimental formulations of pesticides, including EC, WP, WDG, SC, OD, ME, CS, EF types
- Use knowledge of physical and chemical test methods to identify lead formulas
- Evaluate results and suggest direction for further development and improvements
- Record concepts, formulations, test results, etc., in lab notebooks.
- Support establishment of trade secrets, patents, etc., involving formulations
- Ensure that Product Specifications are compatible with Regulatory requirements
- Conduct Pilot Plant process studies on lead formulations
- Conduct preparation of formulations for field and regulatory studies
- Support management of chemical inventory and chemical waste
- Identify lab equipment to facilitate lab safety and project efficiency
- Partner with internal functions (Marketing, Quality, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Legal) to resolve issues, identify project success criteria and timelines, and achieve valuable technology and products.
- Represent Gowan to external suppliers of ingredients, toll manufacturers of agricultural active ingredients and formulations, and contract laboratories
- Travel (<20% of time) to attend conferences, field tests, manufacturing trials, and training
- Education: Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or Chemical Engineering
- Safe handling of chemicals and laboratory equipment
- 5-15 years of chemical laboratory experience (industrial or academic) in preparing formulations for agriculture, cosmetics, pharmaceutical, cleaners, or food, or personal care industries
· Travel (~20%) is required.
· Ability of perform moderate physical work.
*Must be legally authorized to work in United States*
Human Resources Department
370 S. Main St.
Yuma, AZ 85364
Return To Previous Page