Field Development Rep-Canada
Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Department: Gowan Agro Canada-Sales
Reports To: Canadian Research and Development Manager
Assignment Type: full-time
The Field Development Representative (FDR) position has a dual role field science and technical support responsibility. The FDR will conduct and/or coordinate field research with Gowan products and provide technical support to sales representatives, customers and key centers of Influence (COI’s) in the assigned territory. This role will also support marketing and regulatory activities for product development. Responsibilities to include:
- Serve as a liaison between sales and marketing to identify product development opportunities for Gowan products
- Design protocols, plan and implement replicated trials with insecticides, herbicides, fungicides, biologicals, and plant growth regulators.
- Conduct trials personally and/or manage installation and execution of field trials with contract research organizations. This includes budgeting and resource planning
- Conduct trial evaluations and be responsible for data entry into development database.
- Interact with regulatory team and provide support activities such as preparing value summaries, managing Research Permit authorizations and field auditing compliance.
- Be the technical resource for the assigned territory. Participate in training sessions and assist Sales with presenting product technical features at customer meetings
- Assist in developing technical bulletins, review and update provincial guide recommendations.
He or she will be experienced in planning, designing, implementing and evaluating trials for plant protection compounds using standard field research techniques. The successful candidate will exhibit strong inter-personal skills and be equally skilled at communicating with fellow researchers the Gowan sales and marketing team, and Gowan customers. The role will require a very strong technical and practical understanding of western Canadian agricultural production practices. The successful candidate will have strong verbal and written communication skills with experience in translating detailed scientific information into practical decision-ready information for non-technical clients. He or she will be a self-starter able to take initiative and conduct themselves in a professional manner with little direct supervision. The successful candidate will be a strong team player and thrive in the role of being the lead technical expert supporting the sales team in their assigned region.
- Master of Science degree in Agriculture
- Excellent writing and verbal presentation skills (English)
- Work experience demonstrating that the candidate is a self-starter with analytical, organizational, interpersonal and teamwork skills
Submit resumes to: