EcoFlora Team Field Development Manager-US
Reports To: Global Precommercial Business Manager, EcoFlora
Assignment Type: full-time
The EF Field Development Manager (FDM) is responsible for the technical evaluation and positioning of the bio products. They will have the following responsibilities:
- Support with, and provide technical feedback on new product leads for their region.
- Screen new leads and help identify potential winning future products.
- Lead the development and creation of the biological part of the registration dossier.
- Help identify the crop and pest opportunities for the product pipeline and prepare the market acceptance before launch.
- Act as a regional technical resource for pipeline products and the existing commercial bio portfolio.
The EF Field Development Manager works closely with the local Gowan technical team and learns from years of experience of developing bio products by the local organization. He/she is expected to develop optimal and appropriate development practices and techniques for the unique characteristics of the biological pipeline. In order to cover such a large geographical area, they will be required to both coordinate research directly, while at times working closely with existing technical team for support. While embedded in the region, he/she is directed and funded by the EF team while closely collaborating with the local Gowan company personnel.
In addition to the local technical team, the FDM is an active member of a team including GUSA, Latin America, and Europe. This team is in charge of screening and developing a deep understanding of the biological product range in various conditions and to exchange knowledge and experience. Working in this team, he/she is expected to gain ideas and techniques that accelerate acceptance in the assigned geography and exporting this knowledge to related regions. The FDM has a key role to convince key stakeholders (Country Managers, Technical Managers, Sales rep) in the regions (Europe, Latin America) and their credibility and competence is critical to the role.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in field development and research in the agricultural chemical industry.
- Advanced degree in an agricultural or related science (MS, PhD) preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent collaborator – good at working in a multi-cultural environment across groups to build consensus.
- Highly proficient in speaking, presenting, and writing in English a must. Business proficient Spanish as a second language preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Establish working credibility across multiple teams
- Self-starter with ability to work in a fast paced environment with little direct supervision.
- Up to 75% travel both domestic and international
Must be legally authorized to work in United States
Gowan Company, a family owned organization, is based in Yuma, Arizona. Yuma, a city of more than 100,000 population is located in the southwest corner of Arizona. Yuma is a center of a vibrant agriculture industry that supplies the majority of fresh lettuce and greens to the U.S. consumers during the winter and spring months. Yuma is a gateway to San Diego, CA to the West and Phoenix, AZ and the beautiful mountains of Northern Arizona to the East.
Attn: Human Resources Dept.
370 S. Main St.
Yuma, AZ 85364