Business Systems Analyst
Location: Yuma, AZ
Department: Information Technologies
Reports To: IT Applications Manager
Assignment Type: full-time
With varying levels of supervision and responsibility, the BSA works with functional owners in business areas such as supply chain, purchasing, inventory, regulatory, formulations and customer service to help them implement sound business processes. BSA acts as a liaison between the technical team and functional users, gathers business requirements, provides analysis, develops project plans, drives projects, facilitates meetings, and develops functional specifications for the PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) system and/or related applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborates with functional owners to understand business needs and implement applications using the industry best practices.
- Carries out project coordination activities and act as a liaison between technical team and functional owners of the enterprise.
- Plans and manages small to medium project initiatives to ensure goals and objectives are accomplished within prescribed timeframe.
- Determines appropriate application solutions to business requirements and develops detailed design specifications that include appropriate input from developers and process owners.
- Participate in and contribute to all phases of system development including requirements gathering, design, development, configuration, testing and deployment and maintenance.
- Works with the end-users, troubleshoots issues, and provides ongoing production support and works with database administrator and programmers to apply patches.
Required education, knowledge, skills and abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or related business areas (Supply Chain, Logistics, Inventory Mgt)
- At least Two (2) years experience working as a business systems analyst or related discipline using enterprise wide applications
- Knowledge of operations principles including inventory, item management, purchasing, manufacturing.
- Knowledge in supply chain, order fulfillment, customer service, and inventory and warehouse management.
- Well versed with application configuration management for large applications
- Must be able to work well with other team members in a collaborative fashion, fostering learning and knowledge sharing to complete projects and equally be able to work solo with limited supervision and project oversight
- Experienced in working with complex global organizations, satisfying needs of diverse users, meeting competing and sometimes conflicting priorities
Occasional travel is required. Must be legally authorized to work in United States.
Gowan Company Attn: Human Resources
370 S. Main St.
Yuma, AZ 85364